Subject: Re: I NEED MUSCLES!
From: Jim Phillips <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 06:16:56 -0700

At 08:44 AM 4/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all....
>
>I have a neat project I'm working on showing back stress and pain.  I have
>the a humanoid looking obect and the skeleton (with organs) from the 5CD ROM
>set... but I have no muscles!
>
>Does anybody know of good muscles (esp. back area) objects to purchase or
>find?
>
I like your enthusiam.   I don't think it would be real difficult to model
back muscles for your project.   As a matter of fact, don't even waste your
time trying to buy them.   Once you get one good "muscle" modeled, your
pretty much there.   You can just stretch (lengthwise) the original muscle
to make strapping muscles, or stretch (widthwise) to get the big lateral
muscles.   After doing this, use "mirror" to lay them out, then layer them
correctly.   You can probably use procedural mapping to get the long fibrous
appearance of muscle texture.     
Hope this helps,
Jim Phillips   
[email-masked]
LW / DEC ALPHA / PVR / Photoshop
(Chicago Bulls fan!. . . . :)
	. . . . even when Detroit used to kick our butts. . .>:(